Have an enjoyable weekend with another round of great music.
Beach Boys concert
Earth, Wind and Fire concert
Red Mountain Entertainment
Live performances through August include:
- July 30 – Phish, Oak Mountain Amphitheatre in Birmingham.
- July 30 – ZZ Top, Tuscaloosa Amphitheater.
- July 31 – Luke Bryan, The Wharf Amphitheater in Orange Beach.
- Aug 5 – Blippi The Musical, BJCC in Birmingham.
- Aug. 6 – Alabama with Martina McBride, The Wharf Amphitheater in Orange Beach.
- Aug. 7 – Alabama, Oak Mountain Amphitheatre in Pelham.
- Aug. 9 – Rise Against, Avondale Brewing Co. in Birmingham.
- Aug. 13-14 – Thomas Rhett, The Wharf in Orange Beach.
- Aug. 14 – The Molly Ringwalds, Avondale Brewing Co. in Birmingham.
- Aug. 19 – Lady A, The Wharf Amphitheater in Orange Beach.
- Aug. 23 – Kesha, Avondale Brewing Co. in Birmingham.
- Aug. 26 – Bryce Vine, Iron City in Birmingham.
- Aug. 27 – Harry Connick Jr., Tuscaloosa Amphitheater.
- Aug. 27 – Jelly Roll, Avondale Brewing Co. in Birmingham.
- Aug. 27-28 – Jason Aldean, The Wharf Amphitheater in Orange Beach.
- Aug. 28 – Lady A, Tuscaloosa Amphitheater.
- Aug. 31 – Rob Wave, Tuscaloosa Amphitheater.
For more shows, visit redmountainentertainment.
Music under the Marlins
Unwind every Sunday at Music Under The Marlins at The Wharf from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. through Sunday, Aug. 8. This week’s performers are Destiny Brown and Chase Brown. Bring a chair and find the best view, then grab a drink in the Entertainment District and enjoy free kids’ attractions, including a balloon artist, stilt walker and juggler. Admission is free. The Wharf encourages guests to observe social distancing.
Prattville Farmers Market
The Prattville Farmers Market is open Saturdays until noon through Aug. 28. Find locally grown fruits and vegetables, as well as honey, farm-fresh eggs, baked goods, and handmade bath and body products. Get a free, reusable Prattville Farmers Market tote bag and coloring book while supplies last, and enjoy a live remote with Bama Country Radio. Throughout the season, enjoy live music, prize giveaways, guest speakers and guest chefs. Follow along on Facebook to for each week’s events. The Market is on Doster Road just a few blocks off Main Street in the grove across from Pratt Park, which makes it ideal for a family outing. For more information, call 334-595-0850 or visit the website at prattvilleal.gov.
Classic family favorites at the Alabama Theatre
Grab the family and head to one of Birmingham’s most iconic theaters for classic movie favorites. See “Steel Magnolias” on Friday, July 30, at 7 p.m. and “The Sound of Music” on Sunday, Aug. 1, at 2 p.m. Upcoming classics are here. Tickets for all movies are $10 each, and children ages 2 and younger are admitted free. Doors open one hour before showtime, and each screening will begin with a sing-along with the Mighty Wurlitzer Organ. Capacity is limited to 50% and guests should use social distancing. Please wear a mask if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Birmingham Legion FC will have two home soccer matches downtown at BBVA Field this week with Central Division rival Atlanta United 2. The first game is Saturday, July 31, at 6:30 p.m., and the next contest is Wednesday, Aug. 4, at 7 p.m. Everybody Wins on Wednesdays with Legion FC, as fans can come out to enjoy $1 hot dogs, $2 beers and a post-game fireworks show on Aug. 4. Tickets are available at bhmlegion.com. Call 205-791-7145 for more information.